You need to change your system registry and add Photobucket to the list of sites that your Windows XP system knows how to contact if you want to upload images with Windows XP Publisher.
Note: You cannot upload videos with XP Publisher.
- Make changes to the system registry to allow Windows XP Publisher to directly access your Photobucket account. Click here to make the changes. Don't forget to open and run this file after it is successfully saved to your computer!
- Locate and select the file(s) that you want to upload to your Photobucket account.
Note: Supported image types are jpg, gif, png, bmp (bmp will convert to jpg on upload), and swf files (Pro users only). You cannot upload videos with XP Publisher.
- Select Publish the selected items to the Web on the left side of the Windows Explorer window.
Note: If you do not see a menu like the preceding image, you may be using Classic mode. Close the Folder view at the left. If the File and Folder Tasks panel still does not display, in the Windows Explorer click Tools menu, then select and click Folder Options. Make sure the General tab is selected, and choose Use Windows classic folders in the Tasks section. Click Apply, then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Uncheck the boxes for any images you do not want to upload. Click Next.
- Select Photobucket.com Image uploader. Click Next.
- Enter your username and password in the Photobucket login screen. Click Next.
- Highlight the album into which you want to upload your image(s). Click Next.
- Choose your image resize options for XP Publisher.
- Check your upload options in your Photobucket account (click more options in the Upload panel) to make sure that you end up with the desired image size. Your Photobucket options should be set equal to, or higher than, the Windows XP Publisher settings if you choose to use this option.
- Uncheck this box if you do not want to use Windows XP Publisher resizing options and want to use your Photobucket options.
- Click Next. Your images are transferred, and a progress meter indicates the status of your upload. When your upload is complete, a message displays that allows you to open Photobucket. Click Finish. Or, uncheck the box, and then click Finish if you do not want to automatically log into your Photobucket account.
: Upload Images with XP Publisher to Photobucket
: You need to change your system registry and add Photobucket to the list of sites that your Windows XP system knows how to contact if you wan...